Welcome to this month’s Design it with Designer Series Paper Blog Hop.
Our Design Team is made up of 11 Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from throughout the world – one from each of the countries/markets that Stampin’ Up! has a presence in. We have come together to share projects focusing on the beautiful Designer Series Paper in the Stampin’ Up! Catalogue.
Each month we will be featuring a different paper and our Designer Series Paper (DSP) for September is Tranquil Textures.
This paper is so versatile – I just love it! It may also be because there is not a flower in sight – lol!
I’ve used it in many cards and bags, and love how there is a pattern suitable for any occasion – masculine, birthdays, celebrations, feminine young or old!
This week I’ve made a gift box and matching gift card with some of the softer colours – perfect packaging for a new baby gift.
I could just see a couple of pairs of baby socks tucked into the mini gable box for a new wee arrival.
The Lustrous White Gable boxes are stunning as-is. But they can be decorated, and they can also be altered themselves in several ways. They can be stamped on, textured embossed, die cut or coloured (sponging, brayering or spritzing).
To co-ordinate with the Tranquil Textures DSP, I spritzed mine in Mint Macaron.
To do this, I placed a couple of drops of Mint Macaron ink from the re-inker into a Spritzer. before adding Isopropyl Alcohol. I put the lid back on tighly and shook gently to mix the ink and alcohol. Then I spritzed colour all over the outside of the Mini Gable box. The advantage of using alcohol over water is that it evaporates so much quicker so the box dries faster. Make sure you do this in a well-ventilated place if using alcohol.
Here are the steps to decorate the box. (All DSP is from the Tranquil Textures DSP pack.)
- Wrap a 9″ x 1 3/4″ strip of DSP around the box – leaving the gap at the front of the box. Use Liquid Multipurpose Glue to stick the DSP to the box.
- Stick a different 4″ x 1 3/4″ DSP to the front of the box.
- Next, attach a 3 7/8′ piece of DSP (the same as that used in step 1) onto the front of the box.
- Cut the “net die” from a piece of contrasting DSP. The “net die” is one of the dies in the Under the Sea Framelits which are part of the Tranquil Texture Suite. Cut a piece from the cutout – about 1 1/2″ square – and attach this to the front of the box.
- Using another DSP pattern, cut the smallest of the Stitched Shapes Circle Framelits and adhere with a dimensional on top of the “net”.
- Stamp the “You’re one of a kind” sentiment in Tranquil Tide onto a pale DSP and punch out with the Classic Label Punch. Attach to the Circle. I put a mini dimensional under the end that was hanging off the edge of the circle.
- Decorate with some of the Tranquil Tide pearls from the Share What You Love Artisan Pearls.
The gift card was made from shimmery White Cardstock that had also been spritzed with Mint Macaron. The same DSP components and pearls were used to make a co-ordinating little card – too cute!
Hope you enjoyed my project! Now it’s time to Hop along to see all the amazing projects made using the Tranquil Textures DSP.
- If you live in New Zealand and would like a copy of the new catalogue, please contact me.
- If you live in New Zealand and would like a demonstrator to order through – I’d love to have you join my group of crafty customers. Let’s journey together! – Shop Now or contact me.
Anyone who purchases of $NZ50 of Stampin’ Up! product from me in a month will receive the Tutorial Bundle for Free. This Bundle contains 13 pdf tutorials from demonstrators throughout the world and will be emailed directly to you.
- If you live in New Zealand and would like to know more about becoming a demonstrator – Check out the info HERE. I’d love to have you join my thINK Creative Team!
Until next time
As always – if you wish to know anything more about info in this post, or to get a catalogue, or to join my thINK Creative Team, or to buy any of the items mentioned in the post – please contact me.
Or you can shop 24/7 at my online Stampin’ Up! shop
Please do use the hostess code to support creativeJax if you are ordering online!
Entering the Hostess code combines the value of online orders – which assists me to offer events and thank you’s for my customers and support charities such as Ronald MacDonald House and local events where I donate product and/or classes.
The current Hostess Code can be found at the top right of my webpage.
If your order is over $300, please do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!
If you would like to find out about joining my Stampin’ Up! Team (thINK Creative) – Please do get in touch – I would love to chat to you about that.
You can receive my Blog Posts directly by email or join my monthly Newsletter group – you can subscribe using the buttons at the right of my page.