Welcome to the Stampin’ Creative Global Blog Hop.
I was super excited to recently be asked to join the Stampin’ Creative Design Team and this is my first month hopping with this creative group!
Our Design Team is made up of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from throughout the world and I look forward to hopping with them each month and sharing new Creative projects with you all. You may be starting the hop here – or have hopped over from the talented American Demo – Kim Vogel.
Our “theme” this month is Sneak Peeks from the about-to-be-released Holiday Catalogue – also known as the Autumn Winter Catalogue in the Northern Hemisphere Stampin’ Up! Markets.
(If you are in New Zealand and would like a copy – please contact me. All the products I mention will be available to purchase from 4th September – unless you are a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator and you can get them now!)
The project I’m sharing is one I designed for our thINK Creative Team Crafting Day which was held on Sunday just past. I love gathering with them before a new catalogue goes live to get creative with new goodies!
This was my Shoebox Swap project – so those participating got to make it on Sunday.
Bells are Ringing Project
There are a few sneak peeks in my card today – below is a picture of the new products I’ve used.
The bells and bow on my card are from the Bells are Ringing Bundle (Page 17).
- I’ve cut the detailed bell from Silver Foil using one of the dies from the Detailed Dies that are available on their own or as part of the bundle. The little swirls on the bottom right corner of the card are part of this same die.
- The other bell and the bow are stamped in Basic Grey and die cut. I’ve put some Wink of Stella on the bow.
- The bell pattern is stamped with one of the new Delicata Metallic Inks – Silvery Shimmer (Page 16). It’s a bit hard to tell in the photos – but this has a subtle silver shimmer when stamped. As this is a pigment ink, I left it to dry a few minutes before touching the stamped image. It didn’t take long – but you could use your heat tool to set it more quickly if you are in a hurry!
- I’ve wrapped a piece of Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon around my card. The close up (Top Left in the collage) also shows the detail on the new Mercury Glass Designer Series Acetate.
- You may also see some stamping behind the acetate. I’ve stamped on the inside of the card at the level of the acetate. (Bottom Left in the collage) Because the acetate has a pattern on it in the silvery shades of mercury, the stamping is partially obscured behind it.
The image of the Mercury Glass Designer Acetate on Page 33 of the catalogue is easy to overlook. Don’t be fooled – this product is gorgeous! While I’ve only used one in my project – there are two different patterns and you get two 12″ x 12″ sheets of each pattern.
- The acetate is strong enough to form part of the card base without warping. I cut a piece out of the front of my card and inserted a piece of acetate that was slightly taller in its place. Being taller than the gap allowed me to attach the acetate to the inside of the Thick Whisper White card base, using Tear and Tape top and bottom in the gap that was left behind.
- When light falls onto the acetate, it makes cool patterns on the inside of the card. (Top Right of Collage)
- Another new product on my card that is a little hard to see in the photos is the Shimmery Crystal Effects (Page 41). You can see it on the “ringer” of the bell (Bottom Right in Collage). I loved Crystal Effects when we had it before, and the added shimmer in this reinvented product is a real bonus. You just squeeze it on and leave it to dry to form a clear, smooth, shiny area that is completely non-tacky when dry. You can also use the crystal effects as an adhesive – perfect to a stick Glitter with!
- While the Bells are Ringing Bundle is primarily a set for the Holidays, I wanted to show that it was also super appropriate for other events just by pairing it with some alternative stamp sets. As I was making a wedding card, the Cheers to That stamp set (Page 58) was perfect for my card!
We had fun making the card at our team crafting day – hope you’ve enjoyed the sneak peek of some new products.
Now it’s time to hop on over to Tamara Bertrum – another talented North American Demo – this time from Canada (my 2nd favourite country in the world!). And then keep on hopping to see what projects the other members of the Design Team have shared today!
Until next time
Jackie aka CreativeJax
Current Promotions from Stampin’ Up!
If you have Coupons from the Bonus Days promotion last month – remember they must be used by 31 August – that gives you only 2 more days!
It’s always a great time to purchase the Starter Kit and join Stampin’ Up! – but at the moment it is even a sweeter deal than usual!
Until the end of August (that’s Saturday 31st), anyone purchasing the Starter Kit gets an extra $50 of Stampin’ Up! product at no extra cost. That’s $335 worth of Stampin’ Up! goodies for the cost of $189. Plus a coupon you can spend in September.
There are lots of benefits to joining the Stampin’ Up! family – and even more when you join my thINK Creative Team.
Check out the info page on my Blog. Send me a message if you’d like to know more.
- If you live in New Zealand and would like a copy of the new catalogue, please contact me.
- If you live in New Zealand and would like a demonstrator to order through – I’d love to have you join my group of crafty customers. Let’s journey together! – Shop Now or contact me.
- If you live in New Zealand and would like to know more about becoming a demonstrator – Check out the info HERE. I’d love to have you join my thINK Creative Team!
As always – if you wish to know anything more about info in this post, or to get a catalogue, or to join my thINK Creative Team, or to buy any of the items mentioned in the post – please contact me.
Or you can shop 24/7 at my online Stampin’ Up! shop
Please do use the hostess code to support creativeJax if you are ordering online!
Entering the Hostess code combines the value of online orders – which assists me to offer events and thank you’s for my customers and support charities and local events where I donate product and/or classes.
The current Hostess Code can be found at the top right of my webpage.
If your order is over $300, please
do not use this code
as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!
If you would like to find out about joining my Stampin’ Up! Team (thINK Creative) –
Please do get in touch – I would love to chat with you about that.